Friday 7 March 2014

Wedgwood Museum project so far…


I decided to base my design on the Design ’63 cigarette boxes and Wedgwood’s famous fairyland pottery, as these were some of the most striking pieces in their collection.

Design idea

After creating a model for my box design, I produced a mould and now I am in the process of casting my boxes.
Casting isn't my strongest area, it is the one process I find very difficult to stay patient. This means I often take the casts out f the moulds too soon so they slump and I have to start again.

Model and moulds

First cast



I am really looking forward to trying out some hand painting on them, so I have created some test pieces. The patterns aren’t quite there yet though, so I have started trying to create my own modern fairyland style designs as well as using my illustrations from the museum.


Drawing into porcelain



Glaze test

Hand painted enamel samples


More Photos to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment