Monday 17 March 2014

Wedgwood Museum project update...

Here are some more photos of my work, I started to play around with my slip casts. Using different shades of porcelain to create subtle patterns. I am also hoping to try adding texture, if time permits. 

Lid casts

These are some of my glazed boxes, glazing neatly and evenly is not one of my talents. I'm going to need practice. But the porcelain patterning worked well, so it might be a shame to cover these completely in lustre.

Glazed boxes

I'm very happy with my transfers, they have been printed in black and gold. These will hopefully go over my lustre hand-painting.

Transfer sheets

A lustre test tile. It may look all brown now, but this should come out bright purple, blue and red. Fingers crossed.

Lustre tile 1

Test tile two should be greens blues and, thanks to our lovely print technician, platinum.

Lustre tile 2

I will get some photos posted once these are out of the kiln, so I can show you the magic colour change of lustres... hopefully.





No comments:

Post a Comment