Wednesday 19 March 2014

Wedgwood Lustres out of the kiln...


Here are some of my lids, painted with lustre, just before they go in the kiln. The middle one is more simply painted, the other two are more expressive and watercolour-ish in style.


I was really happy with them when they came out of the kiln, there not completely even in colour and shininess but i think this gives them an exciting aged appearance. The next step is adding my transfers on top.


The two tiles I painted didn't come out quite as I expected, but the crackling and burnt away areas are interesting. Im not sure how I could get the same effect again though.



Im hoping the gold transfers will show up a little more when fired. They are quite subtle now which is nice, but it is difficult to tell what the drawings are of.


This design stands out a lot more, and I think the colours work well together. Hopefully they wont change too much when fired a second time.


Because the lustres fire at a lower temperature than the black transfers, I am trying them over the top. It will be interesting to see how much of the design shows through.


Here they all are ready for the second firing. I have put tiny transfer pictures on the inside of each of the box bases for added detail.






No comments:

Post a Comment